Monday, April 11, 2011

FANTASTIC WEEKEND

Doc says my foot is healing!
I am feeling and looking so much better!!


I am looking great
 for someone who turned 71 on Saturday

I hadn't planned on sharing that information.
Since facebook had my birthday info, many of you already knew. Thanks for all your good wishes. You are fantastic people who are salt of the earth.

In our family, If your birthday falls on a weekend, thats any day from Wednesday thru through Tuesday, you get to turn it into a festival.  So I am in the midst of my festival. Isn't it neat how that works?

Seriously, it was really a quiet weekend with family. 
I spoke with both daughters in the morning. 
I received the beautiful basket on Friday from my sweet daughters
The afternoon was spent on the front porch, with fans twirling, swinging, rocking and visiting with my son. 
My son made this key line pie from scratch. He can put out a mean pie, ladies.
In the evening Bob, my son and two of my (perfect) grandsons went out for a fantastic shrimp dinner. 
You've never eaten shrimp until you have had fresh Georgia shrimp.
The grandsons surprised me with these lovely rubrum lilies.
Bob and I finished the day with a ride around the island on the golf cart.


Birthdays can't get better than a beautiful day, that the Lord hath made, spent with loved ones. 
Every day I thank our dear Lord for the blessings in my life. I have done nothing to be so blessed. God is the giver of all things blessed and by his grace I am here.


I am joining the following parties. Please link back to these gracious hostesses for great fun and inspiration.
Blue Monday/Smiling Sally
Masterpiece Monday/Boogie Board Cottage
Market Yourself Monday/Sumossweet stuff
Outdoor Wednesday/A Southern Daydreamer

21 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger. Oh, I have had that shrimp. I lived on St. Simons Island when I was a child and have been back to visit many times.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you.....be really happy you dont have to hear me sing that! Wow..would hurt your ear drums..LOL! Looks like your family adores you as those flowers are soooo pretty and that pie..yummy! And it looks like someone has fixed that 'NASTY' computer error..Yipppeee..Life is good...Happy Birthday and lots of best wishes..

Martha said...

Happy Birthday!!!

As you get older, birth "days" turn into birth "weeks" and even into birth "months"!!!

That's as it should be!

NanaDiana said...

Ginger- Happy, Happy birthday to you. I did not know, I guess, that you lived on St. Simons Island...I was there many years ago and it is a beautiful place. Are you a native or a transplant...or a houseplant...okay..just kidding about the houseplant part!;>)

I'll bet the best part of your whole day was being with Bob and all the boys! Have a wonderful week- xxoo Diana

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Happy birthday, sweet lady! I am so glad you had such a wonderful weekend and you got such beautiful flowers!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

Unknown said...

Ms. Ginger,
1st of all Happy late Birthday! I wish I had known but i'm sending hugs your way! :)
2nd any woman who's son makes them a key lime pie is a woman who raised that boy right as rain! Kudos to you!

love, love, love you and many more beautiful days!

Mariette said...

Dearest Ginger,

Happy belated birthday to you! It is almost the best time of the year around your birthday, nature is perfect in Georgia. Not long before the heat is back!
Have a wonderful week and many more years in good health.

Lots of love,

Mariette

By the Bluegrass said...

Beautiful flowers! My birthday was April 7. What day was yours on? Hope it was a good one!
xo,
Sena

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love that you are 71 and blogging! I can't even picture my grandma doing that - of course, my grandmas are 90 and 86 :) But my mom doesn't even blog and she's 62. So yay for you!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday (looks like you did) and I'm following you back!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, Dear Ginger...

Happy Birthday to YOU!

I can't believe you had a birthday, and I didn't know it. You didn't tell me! Shame on you!

But I'm wishing you many happy returns, precious. Looks like you had a great day, and I'm so glad!

Warm hugs across the miles...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ginger. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Traci

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ginger. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Traci

Lynn said...

Happy B-Day! Sounds like you had a perfect day:@)

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Happy belated birthday. It sounds like it was wonderful. Such beautiful flowers and and a pie too.Wish I had some of those shrimp, yummy.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Happy Birthday Ginger! You look maaavelous! Your pictures are beautiful. Love that long driveway with all the tree.

Anonymous said...

WELL!...Happy Birthday!!!
The flowers are beautiful,you have sweet girls,the pie looks delish,your son sure can cook,the island looks just like I remember when me and the Mr lived on Wilmington on Johnny Mercer Blvd.Granny I'm thinking this is either Skidaway or Tybee?
Your photo's are amazing just like you.So glad to see you enjoying yourself again.
~JO
LazyonLoblolly

dee dee said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had/ are having a wonderful time celebrating with family!
Dee Dee

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Happy Birthday Ginger!! Your looking mighty fine there for 71! I don't like birthday ages but I like celebrating! Guess it is better than the alternative of not having a birthday anymore!

Debbiedoos said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend:) We are both Aries..good month, good sign. Glad to hear you are the mend finally! You are looking very spry for 71!~
XO
I may have missed your Birthday and face book...I am a hit and miss on there.

Sheila said...

I couldn't help but notice how fabulous you look for 71, lol...Happy birthday sweet friend...happy for you that it was an enjoyable and special occasion and also that you are finally on the mend.

Gloria Fox said...

I just found you, so late happy birthday. I absolutely love Savannah and am seriously thinking about moving there next year. Will be there, staying on Tybee, in June for vacation. Can't wait. I'm a new follower of yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...