Thursday, July 26, 2012

FRAUD ALERT!!!!!

Please Be Alert!
Source
There is a scam afoot
attempting to lure unsuspecting bloggers
into an advertising agreement with them.



As I was working on another post I got sidelined with a weird situation. I have spent hours researching and decided to put out this "not so pretty" post instead.
~~~~~~~~~
Source


The scammers will contact you by email.
You will be promised a 12 to 18 month
advertising commitment
and must release credit and personal information to seal the deal.
Just say NO!
~~~~
I was approached by 
someone offering a too, lucrative deal. 
My gut feeling kicked in
 and I began to cruise the internet.
Seems this group is being investigated
for bilking unsuspecting bloggers out of
tens of thousands of dollars.
~~~~~~
Please check out ANYONE wishing 
to offer "too good to be true" advertising deals on your blog.
Source
It is a bad sign!


✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
I am currently working(even as recently as today) with a really great 
Nationally known company on a FANTASTIC product. This is NOT the company to which I am referring. There are plenty of companies offering awesome opportunities.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

I would advise dealing only with
nationally known companies or companies 
with an advertising firm with which 
you are familiar. If you don't know
them check them out. 
✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
If you are new to advertising (like me) or unsure, deal with Google's AdSense first
or talk with a trusted blogger about someone like BlogHer, etc!


Email me if you have been contacted by someone offering a 
"to good to be true deal".
I can give you specifics regarding my specific situation and tell you how to report any suspect deals.
Source
That's all we really want to do!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate scammers. I haven't recieved any offers like this but I have been getting the calls from a company that says they are with Windows and there is something wrong with my computer and I need to let them have access to my computer. So not going to happen.
Thanks for the heads up.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Alert,I don't have advertising on my blog,should I? what is the pro's and con's,what are you checking into?..you know you got to share thru the pines.

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for the alert, Ginger. So far, I have not succumbed to advertising on my blog but that is not to say I never will. I am glad you found out the truth before you jumped in with both feet- xo Diana

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG GINGER, I think I saw something like that, (I think) on the mail, but I erased it cause I wasn't interested, since I don't live in the States, I usually don't waste time on them. But wow, I didn't know, it's good to be aware anyway! Thanks for sharing sweetie.
Have a great and safe weekend.
FABBY

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,

WOW, first you blow us away with your Maytag expertise and than they almost scam you. I have had for a couple of months advertising on my blog but dumped it all. You make only cents and they pay you after $ 100; forget it. It also can cause you to look spammy for the search engines. If you want to promote your own business, that's not the road you want to take!
But I'm glad you escaped and great that you share this.
Love to you and Bob,

Mariette

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you! If it is too good to be true it probably is! sandie

Pat M said...

Great post and thanks for the warning. It is good to be forewarned and prepared for those creeps!
Hugs, GraceinAZ (Pat)

bj said...

Thanks, Ginger.
Scammers are every where, I guess. :(

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thanks for the heads up!!

Carol

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You are the master Super Sleuth!!...Great job Ginger!

Suzy said...

Thanks for the warning, Detective Ginger!

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks Ginger! God don't like ugly! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Thanks for the heads up, Ginger! And I'm so excited that you're going to the Southern Blogging Conf. We're planning to go, too, and I so want to meet you!

Babs said...

Ginger,Thanks for alerting us to this scam. Great job! Hugs and have a great weekend. I'll be sitting in front of the tv watching the Olympics.
Hugs,
Babs

Alycia Nichols said...

Makes me just want to smack 'em! Thank you for the heads up, Ginger!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Ginger!

I hadn't heard about this. I do know that I will NEVER give out personal information (credit card, soc.sec.) numbers to anyone who approaches me first!

HOWEVER, I know that to get paid for some advertising they will require your soc.sec. number so that you can get paid. You are in essence an "independent contractor" and it will be required for tax purposes... just like when you work for any business.

But be careful... check out their background to make sure they are illegitimate!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Bunny Jean said...

Hi again... would you be so kind as to share this at my Bunny Hop Party so we can get the word out on this spam?

xo Bunny

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

No one's approached me, but thanks for the alert!
JoAnn

LindyLouMac said...

I have had a number of approaches to earn money from my blog, but this is just not a direction I am interested in going in but thanks for the warning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...